Sunday, June 24, 2012

It’s all getting a bit hectic

I can’t say very much about what I’ve been up to lately, although I can reveal that it has nothing to do with the European Cup, Wimbledon or tax evasion. It is, however, just slightly fraught around here, which explains the lack of various kinds of online activity in recent weeks.

First off, I’ve been a bit preoccupied producing a DVD version of my phenomenally successful film. There have been a few hitches along the way, but most have been ironed out now, and it’s looking good. There is just one more small problem that needs to be dealt with one way or another (involving a small printing error that wasn’t my fault), and then we’re all set to go.

Then, on the strength of that video, I have been commissioned to make another DVD. This one’s going to be a bit of a challenge, which is scary, but in a good way. I’ll be able to say more about that in August.

All of this in turn means that I’m currently carving out a new “career”, for want of a better word. That is to say, at the age of forty-two, I’m starting something quite new, from scratch, and wondering whether to jump right in and completely reorganise my life (or parts of it), gradually ease my way in, or forget the whole thing because, let’s face it, I’m no Quentin Tarantino. I think I’ve decided to go for it and try to get more into videomaking: having two sell-out performances of my first work (which is not that great, but nobody seems to mind) has given me cause to stop and think.

Also, on a more personal note, there is a big project underway which sees my and my wife driving around the area, looking at complicated drawings and peering at price lists. I can’t reveal what that is just yet, but it’s going to take up most of the rest of the year. Things will really come to a head at the beginning of next month.

And finally, Bonnie and Clyde are proving to be amazingly efficient hunters. Anyone who has ever owned an outdoor cat will know what that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment